Multivitamin formula for bone and blood cell support
• An antioxidant for the maintenance of good health
• Aids in the maintenance of bones, eyesight, healthy skin, membranes, immune and proper muscle function
• Helps to form red blood cells and helps in their proper function
• Calcium intake, when combined with sufficient vitamin D, a healthy diet, and regular exercise, may reduce the risk of developing osteoporosis
• Helps to prevent deficiency of vitamins A, C, E, B12, and selenium
Multi Vite provides a combination of vitamins and minerals that support the maintenance of bones and the formation of red blood cells. Vitamin D is necessary for proper bone cell activity, including bone growth and remodelling.1 It promotes calcium and phosphorus absorption in the intestine, and regulates their levels in the blood and kidney for normal bone mineralization.1 Calcium intake, when combined with sufficient vitamin D, a healthy diet, and regular exercise, may reduce the risk of developing osteoporosis. Vitamin C further contributes to bone health through its role in collagen synthesis, which provides structural support for the bone matrix.2 Vitamin C, along with vitamin E and selenium, are involved in the antioxidant defense system to further maintain good health.2,3 As a necessary component of hemoglobin, iron is important for the normal production and activity of red blood cells.4 Low levels of iron may alter vitamin A transport from its storage form, which is required for stimulating immune cell development, maintaining the natural barrier of the skin, and the production of rhodopsin for night vision.5-8
1. Wranicz, J, Szostak-Wegierek, D. Rocz Panstw Zakl Hig. 2014; 65(3): 179-184.
2. Combs, GF. (2012). The Vitamins (4th ed.). USA: Elsevier.
3. Riaz, M, Mehmood, KT. J Postgrad Med Inst. 2012; 26(2): 120-133.
4. Lane, DJR, Bae, DH, Merlot, AM, Sahni, S, Richardson, DR. Nutrients. 2015; 7: 2274-2296.
5. Oliveira, JM, Michelazzo, FB, Stefanello, J, Rondó, PHC. Nutrition Reviews. 2008; 66(3): 141-147.
6. Ruhl, R. Proceedings of the Nutrition Society. 2007; 66: 458-469.
7. Al Tanoury, Z, Piskunov, A, Rochette-Egly, C. Journal of Lipid Research. 2013; 54: 1761-1775.
8. Mukherjee, S, Date, A, Patravale, V, Korting, HC, Roeder, A, Weindl, G. Clinical Interventions in Aging. 2006; 1(4): 327-348.
Unopened products can be returned within 15 days from the purchase date.